Thursday, January 3, 2013

Just a little update

Over the last few months I've been watching the sales of some of my books on various distribution sites. It hasn't been pretty, to say the least. Yes, I recognize I should do more promotion, but I'm not that kind of person. I love my books. I love talking about my characters. But I also hate in your face advertising. If my books are good, word of mouth will sell them.

With that in mind, and because I can't see the logic in a trickle of sales for some books at other distributors, I'm doing that dreaded thing that some people may disagree with...I'm making one book, In A Lover's Silence, permanently exclusive to Amazon and for the next three months, the first book in my Diablo Blanco Club series, Unfair Advantage, will also be exclusive to Amazon.

This way, when I feel like offering the books for free for a day, I can.

For those who have never read Unfair Advantage, it will be free January 20th and 21st, the day before my new book, Poker Posse 1: Looking at Rose, will be released by Loose Id.

I'll make sure to update my website and the DBC page so readers won't be frustrated with the non-working links.

Have a great day and a very Happy New Year!

Q

4 comments:

  1. That's great I've read them all when will Rick's story book 4 be released? Waiting to find out how they hooked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawbrry75,
      Rick has been a difficult Dom to work with. I've got about 35% of his book done but he gets fidgety and persnickety about me being EXACTLY right with the details. I am working on it, I swear, but it may not be until late February before I get the book finished.
      I promise, as soon as I have the rough draft done (that's the one that takes me the longest) I'll definitely be announcing it here. It doesn't take me too long after the rough draft to get the book polished.
      Thank you for being so patient.
      Q

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it will be so worth the wait! I hope I get to see what's up with Mike, Lyssa, Mattie and Bryce. In the mean time I will be reading Looking at Rose sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be a brief peek at Mattie, Bryce, Mike and Lyssa, but not much.
      I hope you like Rose and Ibraham's story.
      Q

      Delete