Friday, July 15, 2016

Making Writing A Habit I Can't Kick - Day 7

Today is a double duty kinda day. Writing and reviewing. I'll be skimming through my old manuscripts to see if any of the scenes can be used in the new version of the story. Since I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to get through the various versions and scenes, I wanted to get today's post done as soon as I finished the little bit of progress I made.

1. How much did I write?
553 words

Word count for the day and how long did it take me?
I was able to get into the notes I made rather quickly and added 553 words to Rogue Master. Even better is that I was able to get those 553 words in about 30 minutes. Woo Hoo!! Yay me!

2. What is the current word count of my Work In Progress (WIP)?
Current word count of Rogue Master  is 11, 995. I really tried to get those last 5 words that would push me into the 12k mark, but alas, I got nothin'.

3. How do I feel about what/how I did today in the writing session?
After a really enlightening and thought provoking conversation with Claire last night, I got a head start on today's work around 2am. Then exhaustion hit and I crashed. Didn't get my behind out of bed until nearly 11, and made plans to meet a friend for lunch at 1:15. But I don't think I am quite in the write head space for free writing today. That's why I turned to the notes. Transcribing those showed me I'm making progress and that what I have coming together is really good. And much different that what I've written in the past. And that is a good thing.

4. Compare/Contrast today's session to yesterdays.
Was it easier/harder?
Today's session was easier and the why for that will be part of an analysis I'll be posting on Saturday, after I've gone back and reread all my posts for this week and looked at the information I've gathered about the story and myself in this week's journey.
Suffice to say, I'm realizing Claire's favorite line - "It is what it is" - makes more sense to me now. And I'm actually willing to embrace that thought process rather than the one I've used as my default method all my life.

Did I enjoy it?
Enjoy isn't quite the right word. I liked what I did and I am okay with both how it happened and the results of the writing session. Then again, it's hard not to enjoy writing. I love playing with words and delving into character motivations. Although this session was a combination of exploring my characters motivations as well as being cognizant of my own actions and reactions.
Very interesting.

5. What am I looking forward to in tomorrow's session?
What I'm looking forward to tomorrow is being able to spend time on Facebook since I've met my week's goal!! I'm also looking forward to sprinting via twitter with Claire, and helping my sister, Dane Waters, get herself set up to join Claire and I on the writing challenge. I'm also looking forward to the work I have to do today to go through the old versions of Rogue Master to see if any of the scenes can be revised and used in this version. Lots of work ahead, but I'm anticipating having fun...which is something I haven't associated with writing in a very long time.

My favorite line from today's writing:
Some of my favorite lines actually give away information in the book that I don't want revealed just yet, so I'll have to stick with:
“Apparently, grandparenting is becoming more appealing than dodging bullets.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment