Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tarot Tuesday: Ten of Swords (R)

I do not profess to be an expert of the Tarot. I've used them for myself and a few friends (not to mention my characters) as a means of answering questions  about situations and the future.

In determining the information about the cards and their meanings, I used multiple books that I have collected over the years:
Sylvia Abraham's How to Read the Tarot; Eileen Connolly's Tarot: A New Handbook for the Apprentice; and Sandor Konraad's Classic Tarot Spreads

I've read through the various definitions and paraphrased as much as possible.

The Card
Ten of Swords (Reversed)

Tens are usually associated with the end of a cycle; the completion (good or bad) of a path or lesson.

Swords are associated with mental compatibility, struggle, animosity, conflict, and intellect/thinking.

Meaning (Upright):
Sense of loss; collapse of plans; feeling of being pinned down and unable to move; the end of a negative cycle; can't change things--just go with the flow; betrayal; loss of confidentiality; plans are betrayed or fail; end of a lifestyle that isn't meant for you

Meaning (Reversed):
No easing of problems but no new ones arise; it's not as bad as you think; mental focus is unclear; potential for new positive vibrations on the way; lessons learned; should see an improvement in business or health (especially the back); learning to cope with the situation

Dragon Tarot Deck Created and Illustrated by Peter Pracownik
Published by US Games Systems, Inc.
The Lovers Deck Designed by Jane Lyle
published by Thomas Dunne Books
Steampunk Deck Designed by Barbara Moore,
illustrated by Aly Fell, published by Llewellyn Worldwide 2012

There are multiple spreads you can use to help answer questions you might have, including drawing a simple single card.

If you were curious if the feelings you're having about a project you're working on and you draw the Ten of Swords (reversed) then the answer for you could be that the problems you're experiencing aren't going to go away, but at least there won't be any new ones. It represents/indicates the end of the situation, but don't expect your project to be successful. You might even want to take a hard look at your situation and realize it's not as bad as you think. There could even be an improvement in your health, but take some time to clear your mind and focus.

Thanks for hanging out. I would highly recommend the three books I listed at the beginning of this blog if you're interested in delving more deeply into learning about Tarot cards and their various uses.

Have a great day, I'll be posting another Tarot Tuesday on August 28th.

2 comments:

  1. I don't read tarot layouts but I do collect decks. I love the artwork and symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki,
      I'll pull out my Native American Deck and add it's images to the rest of my Tarot Tuesdays so you can see some more symolism. I would use my mom's Baseball Deck, but I don't want to open it up before I send it to her, she'd get upset with me. LOL.
      The Steampunk deck is amazing. I love the artwork and the symbolism.

      Delete