Friday, September 7, 2012

Food Fun Friday: Mint-Fudge Brownies

Welcome back to Food Fun Friday. I'm enjoying posting my recipes. Hopefully you're enjoying them as well.

In the last two posts I shared my Mango-Peach-Jalapeno jam. Today, I'm indulging in my favorite food--chocolate.
Andes Mint Chips &
Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses
I'm not so great at making brownies from scratch so I use the box mixes, but I like to add to stuff. This time I had some Andes mint chips and some left over Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses.
Ingredients
(note the cool science experiment in the
measuring cup--water is heavier than oil)

Here's the recipe:
1 package brownie mix
1 egg
1/4 c oil
1/4 c water
12 oz. Andes mint chips
8-10 Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses

Following the ingredients and instructions on the mix these were the steps:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of the pan (I used an 6 x 9 one).

before
after

In a bowl, stir together brownie mix, egg, water, and oil. 






Pour 1/2 the batter into the bottom of the pan, sprinkle the mint chips over the batter then top with the remainder of the batter.

mint chips over the batter
Slice the mint truffle kisses and lay them on the top of the second layer of batter.
Mint Truffle Kisses (YUM!)
Bake for the time given on the mix box. (I baked it for 35 minutes) Let it cool then cut and enjoy!!
I like a fudgier type of brownie


Delicious!

I like the mint flavor that melts into the brownies.

I think though, that I'll be buying one of those brownie pans that have the insert so all the brownies have the edges...I love the edges.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Those look positively delicious. I think I just gained 10 pounds from licking my monitor lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, tell me about it.
    Next project is going to be making fudge with the Andes Mint Chips.
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, nom nom. That looks fantastic. I know what my next "brownie experiment" will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Juturna. I loved the minty flavor of these brownies.
      Next time I make brownies, I'm probably going to use lots of cinnamon.

      Delete