Thursday, July 14, 2016

Making Writing A Habit I Can't Kick - Day 6 - Refleciton

And another writing session is done. 

1. How much did I write?
701 words

Word count for the day and how long did it take me?
I was able to get a total of 701 words done in roughly 90 minutes.

2. What is the current word count of my Work In Progress (WIP)?
Current word count for Rogue Master is 11,443.

3. How do I feel about what/how I did today in the writing session?
Today's writing session sucked. I'm not going to sugar coat it, I am not very happy with today's writing session, but I'm not going to dwell on it. Everyone has bad days. It is inevitable that I'll have a few sucky days. And since the majority of what I've written today is more notes about the story than actual story, it definitely identified the need for me to truly understand the story as I move forward.

4. Compare/Contrast today's session to yesterdays.
Was it easier/harder?
Today was actually harder. I truly believe the difficulty in today's session lies in the issue I have with the internal and external plot of the story than actual lack of words. There are questions I still haven't answered and I have to do that before I can move forward. That was made particularly clear today as I slogged through the outline I've created.

Did I enjoy it?
Did I enjoy it? No. It was annoying and frustrating because it was all going in fits and starts. Admittedly I had to work at the day job from 7am to noon, but it wasn't the work that made the writing difficult, it was as I mentioned earlier, the fact that I had no clear direction to take the story.

5. What am I looking forward to in tomorrow's session?
Tonight is a reset time. What I am looking forward to for tomorrow is having a real direction to move the story toward. Even if I begin moving from the end to the beginning. I'm actually hoping that the characters will have something to say. I'll be working through the outline -- hopefully I'll be able to still the voice in my head telling me that the first 4-6 scenes of the book will need to be eliminated because they slow the pacing of the story.

My favorite line from today's writing:
(From notes)
If your intent is to protect the Conclave, do so. 




No comments:

Post a Comment