Saturday, July 16, 2016

Making Writing A Habit I Can't Kick - Day 8 Reflection

After a day dealing with the worst damned migraine I've had in a very long time, I am happy to report the day's goal is met, but I'm still likely to add more before the midnight deadline.

1. How much did I write?
Currently have 652 words written today.

Word count for the day and how long did it take me?
652 words so far in just over 45 minutes.

2. What is the current word count of my Work In Progress (WIP)?
Current word count for Rogue Master is 12,647.

3. How do I feel about what/how I did today in the writing session?
Have to admit I'm glad it's over. Not that I didn't enjoy the writing, it's just that today has been a heck of a day. I'm still analyzing what I've posted over the last week and coming to some really interesting realizations at the same time I'm exhausted by just how much the migraine took out of me today. I think I've been conscious a total of 5 hours today. And only in the last two hours, maybe three have I been actually able to eat any food without fear of it coming back up.
Physical impacts to my ability to write have surprised me, but I'm glad it happened so I could actually see whether I'm capable of meeting the goal for the day in spite of the way I feel.

4. Compare/Contrast today's session to yesterdays.
Was it easier/harder?
I'm having a hard time remembering what I did this morning let alone what I did or how I felt yesterday about the writing. What I do know is that it took me time to get into the mood to even open the manuscript, but once I started it was good. Even better, I only have one more version of my old copies of the manuscript to go through to see if scenes can be revised and used in the new version. So far they're pretty much a maybe, but a lot of revision will be necessary to get them to fit. But I can do it. I'm a whiz at editing, that's for sure!

Did I enjoy it?
Yes, I actually did enjoy it. It was nice to calm my mind and let the story flow even if it was only a few hundred words. Progress is progress and the story is growing, that's all that matters.

5. What am I looking forward to in tomorrow's session?
I'm looking forward to less pain and nausea tomorrow, which should allow me more time to play with old scenes and fill in new scenes.

My favorite line from today's writing:
TBD - to be determined. Going through what I wrote, there's not much I put down that strikes my fancy, but if something should crop up before the midnight deadline, I'll be happy to share it.

Until later!
Q

No comments:

Post a Comment