Friday, January 20, 2012

Favorite Recipes...

Have to admit, I love to cook...desserts mostly, but I tend not to eat my own cookies (unless they're my oatmeal raisin cookies)

So, here you go, my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe

Preheat oven 375 degrees

1 12 oz bag chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
2 1/2 c. flour (try whole grain/wheat unbleached to be healthy)
3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar (I prefer dark brown not light)
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 c softened butter or margarine (I prefer unsalted butter)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon cinnamon

In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside

In large mixing bowl, cream butter/margarine and sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just blended, add vanilla. Carefully add dry mixture to creamed sugar until well-blended. Mix in chocolate chips.

Drop in teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown (depending on whether you like crunchy or chewy...baking time will vary)


This is a particularly yummy recipe. I always made these for my students when they had basketball or volleyball games as a reward for doing their best.

Enjoy
Qwillia

No comments:

Post a Comment