Saturday, March 5, 2011

Today is the Day!!

I'll be attending the St. Baldricks party in downtown Raleigh this afternoon. Along with over 150 participants, I'll be sitting in a chair and having my head shaved to show my support of children engaged in the fight for their life with childhood cancer.

I'm listed as a participant and am hoping to make my donation goal of $1000. I'm at $560 now, just $440 to go.

Here's the link if you are inclined to donate: http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/426532

I'll make sure to post a picture of myself, post-shaving, for now, this is what I look like. (My hair hangs just below my shoulder blades so I'm having about 11 or 12 inches shaved off.)

I'm thinking when it's all over, I'll look a bit like Groot's (from Despicable Me) evil twin sister. LOL.

Have a great day.

Qwillia

PS: if you're interested in the location of the party, the one I'll be at is the Hibernian Pub, 311 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC. It'll start at noon, today (3/5/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment